Monday, 7 November 2011

New stay at home mom

Hi, my name is Elizabeth and I've started this blog because I wanted to have some information out there about being a stay at home mom with a little boy.  I was looking around the Internet for some such blog, but didn't find one that was to my liking so I decided to create my own!
This summer has been a whirl wind of activity and then suddenly last week brought some cooler rainy weather to our area and I was struck with the thought of not knowing what to do with a two year old for hours on end inside.  I have just recently decided to stay at home after teaching for 7 years.  The whole day with a two year old is a lot different from a whole day with 11 year olds!
One of the things I try to do each day is to get outside.  Yesterday Jimmy spent time playing with his little tykes car while I weeded the garden. I had also brought out a small trowel for him to use in the garden and it kept him busy and he had fun.  He also liked looking at the bugs under the door mat that I dragged to the grass to dry and we have lots of caterpillars this time of year that are fun to point out.  We dug up some worms and watched the wiggle in the dirt.  So if you like to garden, get your little ones involved too.  It will give them an appreciation for the glorious creation we live in!
This morning we began the day by taking the dog for a walk up the road to Grandma and Grandpa's house.  We picked lots of grapes and spent some time playing in the barn with the kitties.  Jimmy pulled the wagon home.
This is just a brief view of our day.  I hope to post ideas of what you can do with your kids, and some of my projects that I've been working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment