People are paid to greet others in stores, we ask for volunteers in our churches to be greeters...wouldn't it be nice if everyone greeted each other without being enlisted to do so? I started thinking about this the other day in the grocery store as I pushed the cart down the aisle and little Jimmy said hi to everyone we met. I overheard one woman say she thought that little boy must have said hi to everyone in the store. Another couple stopped to chat with him and then thanked him for saying hi, it seems to have made their day. Wouldn't it be something if we actually greeted each other in the stores, took the time to make someone's day instead of hurrying on our way, lost in our own little worlds. Perhaps we need to look at the world through the eyes of a two year old who has no fear of rejection and the only incentive is the joy he gets when someone responds and returns the greeting.
"Greet all the saints in Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:21a
No comments:
Post a Comment